Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bless His Heart

My precious baby has been down for the count. Yes, he just went to the doctor on Wednesday, but over the weekend he started coughing. At first, it wasn't anything major, but Sunday night it got progressively worse. He developed a fever Sunday night and maintained it Monday morning. I took him to MCG to the Pediatric Clinic and they gave him a breathing treatment and sent us for x-rays. The doctor could not determine if the wheezing was his natural breathing (product of a TE Fistula baby) or something more. We didn't wait long, went home with an inhaler and 1 prescription and waited to hear back from the doctor regarding the x-rays. Not an hour later, the doctor called and T has an infection in his lung. It is small, but there. So, my 1 prescription turned into 2. T was sleepy and very whiny...not his normal self. I selfishly enjoyed the cuddle time!

Tuesday rolled around and he still couldn't go to school. I needed to come to work, so we worked it out where Granny kept him from 8-12, Wes had him from 12-1:30, and I had him after that. I could at least get my co-workers through lunch. Trenton started to feel a little better, but he was still whiny. His cough was still there, but he seemed to be in better spirits. Then, the night rolled around....

Around 6:30 T went to bed and everything was fine until around 12. He woke up crying and coughing. Wes went and got him and we both held him and tried to calm him down...he went back in his crib. 2 AM - same routine. I go downstairs to get him some tylenol, and for the 3rd night in a row, Bandit has pooped in the house. NOT FUN! T gets tylenol and we let him lie in our bed for about 10 minutes..back to the crib...3:20 - he is up again. We get him back in the crib and he sleeps until 5:20...I get up, get him, put him in the bed with Wes, shower, let the dogs out and I am up for the day.

My entire routine was off...Trenton was dressed and ready for school even ate about 3 bites of breakfast and it was only 6:20! Still coughing and a little needy, we sat in the den and talked and watched Sprout.

I took him to school this morning. He doesn't have a fever, but he isn't 100%. Very needy and he ran to see his Ms. Mitt, who took care of him when he was in the infant room. He went to her and she helped me get him to his class. Ms. Mitt is such a God-send. She has constantly cared, loved, and prayed for my son. Not saying that other teachers didn't, but Ms. Mitt holds a special place in my and Trenton's heart. I mean, for him to run to that classroom and see her...that speaks volumes to me!


Trenton's "I don't feel good face...."

Trenton has a new favorite thing, running around and pretending to draw with his new pen.





When Trenton watches Sprout he likes to lean against the furniture for the best view...


We leave for the beach on Friday, so this could be interesting. I hope he gets to feeling better. So far, no calls from daycare...it is 10:30..that is pretty good, right?

He has learned how to "blow his nose" through this...he knows to put it to his nose and then he dusts the table..we are getting there, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment